Capacity Building Grants
The Disabled Veterans National Foundation’s Capacity Building Grant program provides grants to like-minded organizations who provide support to veterans and disabled veterans alike. The Capacity Building Grants provide support to our nation’s veterans. There’s no one-size-fits-all protocol for how a veteran overcomes the mental impacts of war, and outside of the initial recovery from physical wounds, it’s often up to the veteran to navigate his or her own way back to a normal life. These grants are awarded to organizations around the country who are addressing the mental and physical recovery of veterans. Service dogs, equine therapy, yoga, art therapy, and recreational therapy are just a few of the innovative programs that DVNF supports. DVNF has two open sessions a year in which they process grants. Organizations may submit their application during these open grant sessions.
APPLYING FOR THE GRANT
*The maximum amount an organization can apply for is $25,000.
All candidates must review the application carefully, provide all required documents, and answer all questions before submitting. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants should submit grants that are solely benefiting veterans and/or veteran-specific programs. Grant requests for overhead costs, salaries, and/or general support only, are not eligible under this program.
If you are a grantee who is currently within a grant cycle, you cannot apply for additional funding until your grant cycle has ended and your submitted final report has been approved.
Candidates must submit the following information requested in LOI:
– Introduction (Executive Summary)
– Organization Description
– Statement of Need
- New Organization Registration: https://ctk.apricot.info/auth/autologin/org_id/699/hash/e9c4b54b4fcfa5e8856cba7089488fe4ec5182b5
- Log-in with unique username and password to access the Letter of Intent. Use link in Bulletin or Navigation Menu (Application Access) to start grant and complete forms.
*Please review our policy before submitting your application to determine eligibility as our funding is limited.
For additional information or questions regarding DVNF grants, email us at email@example.com.
Summer 2019 Grant Session
- Letter of Intent (LOI) Start: May 1, 2019
- LOI Close: May 31, 2019
- LOI Status notified: June 7th, 2019
- Applications close: July 1, 2019
- Application Status Notification: August 15, 2019