Title: Warehouse Inventory Management Associate (Volunteer)
9730 Martin Luther King Jr HWY
Lanham, Maryland 20706
Reports To: Blaine Mulugeta, Program Coordinator
The Mission: The Disabled Veterans National Foundation is a non-profit organization that strives to provide critically needed support to disabled and at-risk veterans who leave the military wounded, physically or psychologically, after defending our safety and our freedom. We achieve our mission by providing financial assistance to veteran organizations and by supporting veterans through our various programs.
If you want to learn more about DVNF, please visit http://dvnf.org/.
Suit Up is a 2-day pop-up event, in collaboration with the Department of Employment Services (DOES), which provides brand new JoS. A. Bank suits to participants who are entering the workforce. Suit Up events take place once a month in DC and participants are serviced on appointment base only.
The Suit-Up pop-up events will run from January 2018 through September 2018 and volunteers will be needed in our warehouse location, in Lanham MD, to help prepare shipments to serve the registered monthly participants.
- Receive shipments as they arrive
- Break down pallets and clear trash
- Sort through and categorize clothing items (suits, shirts, shoes, accessories, damaged items)
- Hang and fold clothing
- Pull requested items for pop-ups, steam, and prepare for shipment
- Maintain inventory of all items including pictures when needed
- Ensure organization of warehouse
Volunteers must be able to:
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Work in a warehouse environment
- Stand for up to 4 hours at a time
- Provide his or her own transportation (parking available at warehouse)
- Use basic math skills
- Sign required documentation prior to serving
If you are interested in volunteering, please email Blaine Mulugeta at email@example.com with your answers to the following questions:
Which volunteer opportunity you are responding to (Warehouse or Pop-up)?
Why are you interested in volunteering with DVNF?
Register as a Volunteer
If you want to volunteer with us, please fill out the following form before signing up for this event: