The Disabled Veterans National Foundation’s Capacity Building Grant program provides grants on a case-by-case basis to like-minded organizations who provide support to veterans and disabled veterans alike.
The goal of this program is to pay tribute to our nation’s heroes. As they pick up the pieces of their lives, a community of organizations throughout the country is there to help them heal. But there’s no standard, one-size-fits-all protocol for how a veteran overcomes the mental impacts of war, and outside of the initial recovery from physical wounds, it’s often up to the veteran to ensure his or her own way back to a normal life.
These grants are given to organizations around the country who are addressing the mental and physical recovery of veterans in unique ways. Service dogs, equine therapy, yoga, art therapy, and recreational therapy are just a few of the innovative programs that DVNF supports.
DVNF has two open sessions a year in which they process grants. Organizations may submit their application during these open grant sessions.
Applying for the Grant
*The maximum amount an organization can apply for is $25,000.
All candidates must review the application carefully, provide all required documents, and answer all questions before submitting. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applicants should submit grants that are solely benefitting veterans and/or veteran-specific programs. Grant requests for overhead costs, salaries, and/or general support only, are not eligible under this program.
If you are a grantee who is currently within a grant cycle, you cannot apply for additional funding until you have submitted your final report (and it has been approved).
Candidates must submit the following information:
– Completed Application
– Executive Summary (limit one page, single spaced)
– Project Information
– Any additional documents the applicant deems necessary
1. New Organization Registration: https://ctk.apricot.info/auth/autologin/org_id/699/hash/e9c4b54b4fcfa5e8856cba7089488fe4ec5182b5
2. Log-in with unique username and password to access the Letter of Intent. Use link in Bulletin or Navigation Menu (Application Access) to start grant and complete forms.
*Please review our policy before submitting your application to determine eligibility as our funding is limited.
For additional information or questions regarding DVNF grants, email us at email@example.com.
Spring 2018 Grant Session
- Letter of Intent (LOI) Start: January 8, 2018
- LOI Close: February 9, 2018
- LOI Status notified: February 15, 2018
- Grant Proposal Start (Approved LOI ONLY): February 16, 2018
- Grant Proposal End: March 16,2018
- Grant Approved Notification: April 11, 2018
- First Grant Disbursement: April 27,2018
- Interim Report Start: October 5, 2018
- Interim Report End: November 2, 2018
- Final Grant Disbursement: November 30, 2018
- Final Report Start: May 3, 2019
- Final Report End: May 31, 2019