Reports To: Deputy Director
- Manage and monitor execution of all existing programs, ensuring policies are adhered to and program goals are met within outlined budgets.
- Evaluate and improve policy and strategy, implementing policy and procedural changes for existing programs to ensure effective program delivery.
- Maintain budgeting spreadsheets for all programs and make recommendations on budgetary adjustments based on current and anticipated program needs and trends.
- Create new program scope and deliverables, as needed, in conjunction with Deputy Director and Programs team.
- Promote program initiatives to the Veteran community through the use of email, DVNF website updates, networking, and through social media outlets.
- Communicate program information and updates out to DVNF internal stakeholders including Board of Directors, and external parties such as Veterans, Veterans Service Officers, Veteran Organizations, etc. and partner organizations.
- Create and utilize a balanced score card and program dashboard; establish consistent, objective program performance standards of accountability
- Oversee DVNF’s evaluation activities including data collection systems, longitudinal evaluation, and all contracts and activities relating to program evaluation and measurement; communicate and prepare all data collection summary reports and evaluation updates for the CEO, board of directors, and staff
- Enhance organizational excellence by establishing program benchmarks, timelines, and resources needed to achieve strategic goals, proactively recommending and driving improvements as necessary; set standards for accountability and measurements of success
Team Management and Development
- Lead DVNF Programs team to achieve program deliverables.
- Research and stay up to date on trends and issues facing Veterans of all ages and eras.
- Work with staff to develop objective performance measurements to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees
- Assist the HR department with recruiting, hiring, and training and orientation of all program staff members
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organization performance standards
Fundraising and Partnership Development
- Work in coordination with outside partners, vendors and other external organizations to achieve program deliverables.
- Work with the DVNF development team to secure program funding.
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing programs and the growth of DVNF;
- Cultivate existing relationships and develop new funder relationships
- Manage relationships with partner organizations
- Graduate degree required; PMP certification a plus.
- At least8+years of experience with three of those in a team management role
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs
- Strong demonstrated fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders including advisory groups, coalitions, forums, trade associations, foundations, corporate sponsors, and practitioner groups
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology staff to develop and implement program evaluation systems
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group
- Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for DVNF’s mission
- Experience with grant writing and reporting preferred.
- Willing to take on responsibilities beyond the scope of the job description;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and also function as a team member;
- Self-organized, can prioritize and multi task;
- Sound knowledge of social media & networking;
- Possible light travel;
- Awareness and interest in veteran support – experience working on veterans’ issues and/or for a nonprofit a plus;
- Veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
(Please note that in the coming months DVNF will be relocating to a new office in Maryland. All candidates must be able and willing to drive to the Maryland area or be able and willing to use public transit including bus and train.)
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to the Director of Operations, Ms. Leander Brereton at firstname.lastname@example.org.