Reports To: Deputy Director
- Manage and monitor execution of all existing programs, ensuring policies are adhered to and program goals are met within outlined budgets.
- Evaluate and improve policy and strategy, implementing policy and procedural changes for existing programs to ensure effective program delivery.
- Maintain budgeting spreadsheets for all programs and make recommendations on budgetary adjustments based on current and anticipated program needs and trends.
- Create new program scope and deliverables, as needed, in conjunction with Deputy Director and Programs team.
- Promote program initiatives to the Veteran community through the use of email, DVNF website updates, networking, and through social media outlets.
- Communicate program information and updates out to DVNF internal stakeholders including Board of Directors, and external parties such as Veterans, Veterans Service Officers, Veteran Organizations, etc. and partner organizations.
- Create and utilize a balanced score card and program dashboard; establish consistent, objective program performance standards of accountability
- Oversee DVNF’s evaluation activities including data collection systems, longitudinal evaluation, and all contracts and activities relating to program evaluation and measurement; communicate and prepare all data collection summary reports and evaluation updates for the CEO, board of directors, and staff
- Enhance organizational excellence by establishing program benchmarks, timelines, and resources needed to achieve strategic goals, proactively recommending and driving improvements as necessary; set standards for accountability and measurements of success
Team Management and Development
- Lead DVNF Programs team to achieve program deliverables.
- Research and stay up to date on trends and issues facing Veterans of all ages and eras.
- Work with staff to develop objective performance measurements to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees
- Assist the HR department with recruiting, hiring, and training and orientation of all program staff members
- Instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organization performance standards
Fundraising and Partnership Development
- Work in coordination with outside partners, vendors and other external organizations to achieve program deliverables.
- Work with the DVNF development team to secure program funding.
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing programs and the growth of DVNF;
- Cultivate existing relationships and develop new funder relationships
- Manage relationships with partner organizations
- Graduate degree required; PMP certification a plus.
- At least8+years of experience with three of those in a team management role
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs
- Strong demonstrated fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders including advisory groups, coalitions, forums, trade associations, foundations, corporate sponsors, and practitioner groups
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool and experience working with information technology staff to develop and implement program evaluation systems
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group
- Strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of responsibility, span-of-control and performance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for DVNF’s mission
- Experience with grant writing and reporting preferred.
- Willing to take on responsibilities beyond the scope of the job description;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and also function as a team member;
- Self-organized, can prioritize and multi task;
- Sound knowledge of social media & networking;
- Possible light travel;
- Awareness and interest in veteran support – experience working on veterans’ issues and/or for a nonprofit a plus;
- Veterans are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to the Director of Operations, Ms. Leander Brereton at firstname.lastname@example.org.